Hi friends! As you can probably imagine, I’m REALLY missing travel right now. This past weekend I was craving the taste of the Caribbean. I decided to make a Sibling Seafood brunch to spend some time with my brother over a great meal!
One of the best dishes I had in Cartagena, Colombia was their shrimp ceviche! I fell IN LOVE…to the tune of returning to the same restaurant 3 times in 2 days. What can I say? When I like something, I want to make sure I enjoy it to the fullest…🤣
Since I can’t go to the Caribbean right now, I brought the Caribbean to us! I hope you enjoy this coconut shrimp ceviche from our seafood brunch! Be on the lookout for other recipes from our brunch! Send me pics if you make it!
Our Sibling Seafood brunch spread! 😛
What You’ll Need:
- Large or Jumbo Wild Caught Shrimp (please don’t skimp on quality here)
- 1 jalapeno
- 2 small sweet red peppers or 1 red bell pepper
- 1 shallot or 1/2 red onion
- Salt, pepper, and crushed pepper flakes to taste
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 limes
What to Do:
Step 1: Prepare Shrimp
- Peel, devein, and thoroughly clean shrimp.
- Take your time with this step or buy pre-cleaned shrimp. No one wants shrimp poo in their ceviche!😆
- Quickly boil shrimp (~2 mins) in salted water until they turn bright pink. Do not overcook it!
- Set shrimp aside and allow it to cool.
Step 2: Prepare the ceviche “bath”.
- Dice jalapeño, red pepper, shallot/onion and place in a large bowl.
- Zest one lime over the pepper/shallot mix.
- Season with 1 tbsp of salt, 1 tsp cracked black pepper and dash of crushed red pepper flakes.
- Juice both limes directly into the bowl.
- Thoroughly mix ingredients and then add 1 can of coconut milk.
- Taste mixture to ensure it’s properly seasoned.
Step 3: Slice cooled shrimp lengthwise and add to the coconut milk mixture.
*Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.*
Serving suggestion: Serve with lime tortilla chips or tostones (fried plantain chips)!
Please subscribe to my YouTube channel so you don’t miss out on other video content & giveaways! I appreciate all of you! Sending so much love & light your way! 💛✨