Being on lockdown has me cooking more than ever before. I’m enjoying spending so much time creating in the kitchen again. Since there’s an even bigger focus on health right now, I’ve been infusing superfoods & spices into my meals that are known to have immune-boosting and anti-inflammatory properties as much as possible.
My golden roasted potatoes are spiced with turmeric that is rich with incredible healing properties. Turmeric and especially its most active compound curcumin have many scientifically-proven health benefits, such as the potential to prevent heart disease, Alzheimer’s, and cancer. It’s a potent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant and may also help improve symptoms of depression and arthritis. (Source: Healthline)
I hope you enjoy my healthy golden roasted potatoes! They’re super easy to prepare and taste amazing! Bon appétit!
- Yukon gold or white potatoes
- Sea Salt
- Black pepper
- Crushed red pepper
- Umami seasoning (available at Trader Joe’s)
- Dried Parsley
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Line cookie sheet with aluminum foil
- Chop potatoes into 1/2″ cubes
- Put potatoes in a large mixing bowl
- Season with dried spices
- Coat with 1tbsp of olive oil (or just enough to thinly coat each piece)
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until potatoes reach the desired tenderness
Watch my video below!