Hi beautiful soul! How are you? I asked the universe to guide me on what I should reflect and write about today and shortly thereafter 5555 (5 is the number that represents change) appeared on my Apple Watch and my daily devotional reading was entitled “Change is In the Air”. Subtle lol…
It’s quarantine day 54-ish for me and I’ve found my groove. I’ve made my peace with what’s happening in the world and I am focusing my energy on what I can actually control: my choices, how I treat myself and how I treat others. I know that there is a Divine purpose for everything that happens, and this pandemic is no different.
We are in a collective state of change. This is a universal consciousness shift to create a new normal because, if we are honest with ourselves, our “normal” was never that great. We live in a world with unimaginable economic disparity, racial and religious oppression, and a pervasive feeling of helplessness. Depression, anxiety, suicide, and chronic illness seemed to be the new normal. If you weren’t suffering from anxiety or some other disorder, were you even living?
We are being collectively pushed to live more IN TUNE and in ALIGNMENT with our higher selves which resonates on the frequency of universal LOVE. We are being pushed to embrace the interconnectivity of our world. For so long, many of us have been insulated from the pervasive suffering around the world. We lived in our privileged bubbles and thought not being able to get our favorite drink at Starbucks was a genuine tragedy. The coronavirus changed all of that. Suffering is now front and center and not one of us is immune nor exempt from it. Our collective humanity has been amplified and all of our worlds have changed drastically and abruptly.
Yet, I’m more at peace than I’ve been in a very long time. “But how?!?” you may ask. I’m at peace because I have made the choice to focus on loving me in the most complete way possible in the midst of the chaos. I know that in order to grow we have to go through periods of profound change and sometimes we have to burn it all down to the ground and begin again. I feel strongly that’s what’s happening here. While there is a lot of sadness that this pandemic has brought forth, I also see so many positives. People are waking up, people are being forced to re-examine much of what they believed, our priorities are shifting and society is redefining who are the heroes.
Just because the world is burning around us, it doesn’t mean we have to pour gasoline on ourselves. We can all play our part to raise the vibration of the world right now by raising the vibration within ourselves. Be the light that so many may need right now by pouring relentlessly into yourself.
Change is beautiful in the end, but the process to get there is rarely that. It’s ugly, it’s messy, and it’s uncomfortable because we are being pushed to a new way of being that exists far outside our comfort zone. Accept what is, change what you can, and embrace the changes that are coming forth. That is where you will find peace with it all.
Close your eyes, take a deep breath & LET GO… Ride the waves of change and trust that the universe will provide. You’ve made it through every other tough time before this, you’ve got it in you to do it again!
If you’ve felt yourself struggling during this pandemic and find that you are too focused on the negative, here are some ways you can lift your vibration:
- Start each day in gratitude. Try a Gratitude Meditation where you meditate and silently list as many things as you can think of that you’re grateful for until you can’t think of anything else. I get as granular as being thankful for having toilet paper & clean clothes, etc. It’s amazing how much this shifts your energy.
- Move your body every single day. Our minds & bodies NEED movement & physical activity in order to thrive. Turn on some music videos on Youtube and dance until you can’t catch your breath. I love my evening dance parties! It’s great exercise and even more fun! Dance is deeply restorative and spiritual. I’ve also been taking my yoga practice outside which I’m absolutely loving!
- Meditate daily. You no longer have the excuse that you’re too busy! Use this time to build a strong practice. As little as 10 minutes per day will elevate your mind & change your life.
- Do something nice for others. If you know someone has lost their job and you have some extra cash, send them a little something to help with no expectation of anything in return. Does an elderly neighbor need help with groceries? Offer to do grocery runs for them. Being a blessing to someone else is actually the biggest blessing for ourselves.
- Use video chat services to connect with people who make you happy. I’ve done Zoom coffee breaks, happy hours and family FaceTime to connect with those I can’t be near right now.
- Shift to more light/high vibrational media. Since the energy is already heavy right now, try not to overload on darker TV shows, movies & social media. I’ve also cut my social media time down significantly because the nonstop coverage was overwhelming. It’s important to maintain balance now more than ever. I’ve been re-watching episodes of The Office every night to keep my spirits high and make sure I end my evenings with laughter! (Michael Scott is truly an idiot. LOL! 🤣)
- Commit to personal development. I’ve been watching at least one personal development video daily for the past week and it has made a huge difference! Always be in a state of learning. I’ve been tuned into the Mindvalley Talks channel on Youtube! There is an abundance of quality content on that channel to help lift you up & help you grow. Lisa Nichols, Jim Kwik, Vishen Lakhiani & Marie Diamond are some of my faves!
- Find joy in the mundane. Instead of complaining that you have to cook again, turn on some music, and inject this process with joy! Use your cooking time as a way to be present and create. Zone out & get into your groove! Have fun with it! Remember, it is a BLESSING to have food to cook. You wouldn’t complain about having to cook if you had to go 5 days between meals. You control the energy you bring to any task.
- Do the things that made you happy pre-quarantine. Get dressed in your favorite outfit, even if it’s just to walk around the neighborhood. Keep up your grooming to the best of your ability, and love on yourself. Self-care is a top priority right now!
- Ask for help if you need it. It’s absolutely ok to not be ok right now, but I don’t want you to rest in that energy. Acknowledge that you’re not feeling your best and reach out to someone you trust to talk through it. You don’t have to go through this alone, because we are, literally, all experiencing it together.
Sending so much love and light to you and your families. If you need someone to talk to, please do not hesitate to reach out to me. I’m here for you! 💛✨
Check out my latest video and if anything I said resonated with you, please drop a note in the comments and share this with friends and family to help me grow my audience. I am extremely grateful to all of you who engage with my content.
4 Replies to “Embracing the Tides of Change”
Yes!! All of this. Sometimes I battle feeling guilty that during this pandemic I’ve actually felt the opposite of stressed and really allowed myself to step into rest and healing. It almost feels like I’m getting the time back I lost being “busy”! Thank you for your message and every!!!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Yes! I battled the guilt at first too. People were asking me “how am I holding up?” but I genuinely was doing well. But I realized that me being open about my peace and happiness is the light so many others needed. I am loving all this time! I get to garden again. Spend all the time with my fur boys and just spend time working on me!!! So happy to hear you’re at peace right now too!💛🙏🏾✨
Great advice! Lightening up the tv content is often overlooked but so important!
LikeLiked by 1 person
So important! I noticed myself feeling heavier after watching some shows early on and realized I was unbalanced because of all the heavy energy already around us. Switched it up and it made so much difference!