Being in quarantine means I’ve been cooking more than I ever have before! Signing up for Home Chef gave me so many new recipe ideas and I’ve enjoyed creating in the kitchen again. However, being in quarantine also means like many of you, I’m fighting the Coronavirus “spread”. I noticed a few extra pounds from less movement & more snacking and realized I had to get even more disciplined with my eating habits.
This low carb recipe is full of flavor, but won’t leave you filled with regret! Let me know what you think!
What you’ll need:
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Cornstarch
- 2 tsp. Chopped Ginger
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 4 Tbsp Ponzu sauce (sub soy or teriyaki)
- 2 Tbsp of Dijon mustard
- 1 Jalapeño Pepper
- 2 Green onions (scallions)
- Olive oil
- Black Pepper
Prepare the ingredients:
- Remove the ribs, seeds & stems of the red bell & jalapeño peppers and dice to 1/2″
- Trim and thinly slice green onions, separating the green and white portions
- Finely mince the ginger and garlic
- Pat shrimp dry and season with salt & pepper
- Place shrimp in mixing bowl and coat with cornstarch.
Prepare the sauce:
- Make the dijon ponzu sauce by whisking dijon mustard and ponzu sauce in a small bowl. Set aside.
Cook the vegetables:
- Heat 2 tsp. of olive oil in a large non-stick pan on medium-high heat
- Add red bell pepper, jalapeño (to taste), and white portions of green onions to hot pan. Season with a tsp of salt and pepper.
- Stir occasionally until vegetables are lightly charred (3-5 mins).
- Add garlic & ginger. Stir until fragrant, but don’t allow garlic to burn (1-2 mins).
- Remove vegetables to a separate plate and return pan to stove.
Cook the Shrimp:
- Return pan used to cook vegetables to medium-high heat and add 2 Tbsp. of olive oil.
- Once oil is hot, add shrimp to pan and sear shrimp until golden. (~2 minutes per side)
- Stir in vegetables and remove from heat. Finish with a pinch of salt.
- Plate dish as pictured with dijon ponzu sauce & green onions.
Enjoy! Bon appétit!