The full moon is a powerful energetic time that is often associated with rituals for releasing what no longer serves us. Use this powerful time to release yourself from these destructive habits:
1. Negative Self Talk: Become aware of your inner dialogue. Are you speaking to yourself from a place of love? If not, use positive affirmations in the morning to set the tone for how you will think and speak about yourself. Click here to buy your own set of my favorite positive affirmations deck!
2. Self Sabotage: If you ever catch yourself thinking, “I know I shouldn’t be doing this, but…” and proceed to do the thing you KNOW you shouldn’t do, you are self-sabotaging. Self-sabotage comes from a lack of self-love, self-worth, and a fear of failure. It’s a way we stop our dreams from becoming reality because on some level we believe we are not worthy or capable. You are worthy and you are more than capable, so #STOPTHATSHIT!
3. Putting Yourself Last: There is no relationship more important than the one you have with yourself. It impacts every choice you make. You do not have to sacrifice your wellbeing or your goals to be loved by anyone. Love yourself enough to put yourself first and watch your world elevate!
If the people around you aren’t encouraging you to take care of yourself, YOU NEED MORE PEOPLE! Recognize that your need for external validation stems from not first cultivating love within yourself.
4. Treating Your Body Like a Dumpster: Your body is not a dumpster, so it’s high time you stop filling it with foods, programming, and people that you know to be trash! You are what you consume mentally, physically & spiritually. If you want to be better, you have to choose better. One big change you can make is to stop drinking sodas and eating processed foods laced with artificial ingredients and preservatives. Read your labels and know exactly what you are putting into your temple!
5. Caring What Other People Think: Not caring about what anyone thinks of you is the surest path to freedom! So many of us make choices in opposition to our soul because we’re worried about the opinions of others. When you’re on your death bed, will their opinions matter? NO! So, live true to yourself! More time is not promised to any of us, so do what makes your soul happy. If the people around you don’t love you for who you are, I repeat, YOU NEED MORE PEOPLE!
What are you leaving behind with this full moon in Cancer?